From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article may have too many red links.
Cantor can mean:
- The Latin word for singer, e.g. the main singer of a cantus
- Hazzan, in Judaism, the English name for a professional singer who leads prayer services (Kantor is a frequently noted Jewish patronym)
- Cantor (church), an ecclesiastical officer leading liturgical music in several branches of the Christian Church
- Cantor (crater), a lunar crater
In mathematics Cantor may refer to:
Cantor as a surname may refer to:
- Andrés Cantor, Spanish-language soccer announcer
- Brian Cantor, Vice-Chancellor of the University of York, UK
- David Cantor (born 1954), American actor and singer
- Eddie Cantor (1892-1964), American comedian, singer, actor, songwriter
- Eric Cantor (born 1963), American politician
- Georg Cantor (1845-1918), German mathematician, founder of set theory
- Moritz Cantor (1829-1929), German historian of mathematics
- Nancy Cantor, Chancellor and President of Syracuse University
- Norman Cantor (1929-2004), Canadian medievalist
- Theodore Edward Cantor (1809-1860), Danish biologist
Cantor is a shortened form of these names and terms:
- Cantor Fitzgerald, a financial services firm
Other pages[change | edit source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.