Santana in Indianapolis, 2010
|Born||July 20, 1947
Autlán de Navarro, Jalisco, Mexico
|Origin||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Genres||Latin rock, chicano rock, rock, blues rock, jazz rock, tejano, free jazz, psychedelic rock|
|Occupations||Musician, songwriter, bandleader|
|Instruments||Guitar, percussion, vocals|
|Labels||RCA, Arista, Polydor, Columbia, Polygram, CBS|
|Associated acts||Santana, Los Lonely Boys, John McLaughlin, Maná|
|PRS Santana II
Yamaha SG2000 Devadip
Carlos Santana (born July 20, 1947) is a Mexican-American musician. He first became famous in the late 1960s and early 1970s with his band, Santana. They played a fusion of rock and Latin American music.
Santana continued to work in these forms over the following decades. He had many critical acclaim in the late 1990s. In 2003 Rolling Stone magazine listed Santana at number 20 on their list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.
References[change | change source]
- "RCA's Peter Edge, Tom Corson on the Shuttering of Jive, J and Arista". Billboard.biz. 2011-10-07. http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/record-labels/rca-s-peter-edge-tom-corson-on-the-shuttering-1005394732.story. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "100 Greatest Guitarists: Carlos Santana". Rolling Stone. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123/carlos-santana-20111122. Retrieved 2014-06-14.
- "Santana received 10 Grammy Awards and 3 Latin Grammy Awards". allmusic. 1999. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/santana-p13645/charts-awards/grammy-awards. Retrieved 2010-10-20.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website
- Milagro Foundation
- Information about Carlos Santana
- Concerts online at Wolfgang's Vault
- Music Carlos Santana