Central nervous system
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Together with the peripheral nervous system, it has an important role in the control of behaviour. The CNS is protected by bone in the dorsal cavity: the brain in the cranial subcavity, and the spinal cord in the spinal cavity.
- See also: Vertebrate brain
Parts of the vertebrate CNS [change]
Other websites [change]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Central nervous system|
- Sylvius: 400+ structure neuroanatomical visual glossary; used by over half of U.S. medical schools
- High-Resolution Cytoarchitectural Primate Brain Atlases
- Human Brains: A Learning Tool.
- Explaining the human nervous system.
- Nervous System - Back Pain - Anatomy (info on nerve pairs).
- Textbook in Medical Physiology And Pathophysiology, many links
- Brain and Cranial Nerves, Anatomy and Physiology Lecture, Northland Community College
- Latest Research on the Brain and Central Nervous System From ScienceDaily