Cheryl Cole in 2014
|Birth name||Cheryl Ann Tweedy|
|Born||30 June 1983|
|Origin||Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, England|
|Genres||Pop, dance, R&B|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, dancer, model|
|Labels||Fascination, Polydor, will.i.am music|
|Associated acts||Girls Aloud, will.i.am, Taio Cruz, Wretch 32|
Career[change | change source]
Girls Aloud[change | change source]
In 2002, Cole auditioned for music reality show Popstars: The Rivals. She and four other girls, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley Walsh, and Nadine Coyle won the competition. They formed a group called Girls Aloud on 30 November 2002, which has since been very successful. They have had 20 top ten singles in the United Kingdom, and have been nominated for four BRIT Awards, winning best single for 'The Promise."
The X Factor[change | change source]
Cole was asked to become a judge on The X Factor in 2008. She won it in her first year with Alexandra Burke. Burke has had a number one single and a number one album in 2009. Cole won it again in 2009, mentoring the eventual winner Joe McElderry.
Solo work[change | change source]
Cole released her first solo single, Fight for This Love, in October 2009 from her solo album "3 Words". It went straight to number one in the charts, becoming the best-selling song of 2009. Her new album 'Messy Little Raindrops' went straight to number one in the album charts, 'Promise This' is a hit single from the album. She has a new song called "Call My Name", which was released on 10 June 2012. Her autobiography was published in 2012.
Assault[change | change source]
In January 2003, Cole punched a toilet attendant in a nightclub in Guildford, Surrey. In October that year, she was convicted of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. She was sentenced to 120 hours of community service.
Personal life[change | change source]
Cole married Chelsea and England football player Ashley Cole in July 2006. In February 2010, they announced their separation after several newspapers claimed he had been unfaithful with other women. She divorced him in September 2010. She married Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini on 7 July 2014.
References[change | change source]
- "Cheryl Cole Signs To Will.I.Am's US Label". MTV Online. 11 June 2010. http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/cheryl-cole/news/225761-cheryl-cole-william. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Girls Aloud's 21st Single Is Their First To Miss The U.K. Top 10". http://chartrigger.blogspot.com/2009/05/girls-alouds-21st-single-is-their-first.html. Retrieved 24 Februaury 2010.
- "Cheryl Cole's New Song 'Call My Name' To Get First Play On Capital FM". Global Radio UK. 19 April 2012. http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/cheryl-cole/news/new-song-call-my-name-capital/. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Singer Tweedy 'sorry' for assault
- "Ashley Cole set for £22m divorce after X Factor queen Cheryl throws out her cheating Chelsea defender husband". the Daily Mail.co.uk. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1253356/Ashley-Cole-set-22m-divorce-Cheryl-throws-cheating-Chelsea-defender.html. Retrieved 24 February 2010.