From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This box shows the color chocolate.|
Meaning of chocolate [change]
- The color chocolate is a color that like the color rose represents love because often people give chocolate, just like they give roses, to people that they love, whether romantically or as a gift from a parent to a child.
- The color chocolate represents African Americans. For example, in African American slang, the city Washington, D.C. is called Chocolate City because of its overwhelmingly African American population. 
Tones of chocolate color comparison chart [change]
- Cocoa Brown ("Chocolate" (web color)) (Light Chocolate) (Hex: #D2691E) (RGB: 210, 105, 30)
- Medium Chocolate (ISCC-NBS Chocolate #19) (Hex: #905D5D) (RGB: 144, 93, 93)
- CHOCOLATE (PerBang.dk) (Maerz and Paul) (Hex: #7B3F00) (RGB: 123, 63, 0)
- Dark Chocolate (ISCC-NBS Chocolate #46) (Hex: #674C47) (RGB: 103, 76, 71)
- The color displayed in the color box above matches the color called chocolate in the 1930 book by Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill; the color chocolate is displayed on page 39, Plate 8, Color Sample H10.
- Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill Page 192; Color Sample of Chocolate: Page 39 Plate 8 Color Sample H10 Note: the color shown above as "chocolate" matches the color sample in this book shown as "chocolate"
- Urban Dictionary—“Chocolate City”:
- Barrack Obama uses the term "Chocolate City" in 2008: