From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Church could mean:
- Church, a building used for religious services, usually referring specifically to those for Christian worship.
- Christian Church, the worldwide body of Christians.
- Christian church, the body of people who share a faith or denomination within a community.
- Religious denomination, an organization of churches sharing the same faith.
- Albert T. Church (born 1947), a Vice-Admiral in the United States Navy
- Alonzo Church (1905–1995), a logician, (famous for the Church-Turing thesis and lambda calculus).
- Benjamin Church (1734–1776), the first Surgeon General of the Continental Army and grandson of Captain Benjamin Church.
- Captain Benjamin Church (1639–1718), a colonial officer during King Philip's War.
- Bill Church, an American musician.
- Brad Church.
- Charlotte Church (born 1986), British soprano singer and talk show host.
- Doug Church, a video-game designer.
- Ellen Church.
- Forrester Church (born 1948), an American minister, son of Senator Frank Church.
- Francis Pharcellus Church (1839–1906), an American writer (famous for the editorial Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus).
- Frank Church (1924–1984), a four-term U.S. Senator from Idaho.
- Frederic Edwin Church (1826–1900)), a landscape painter.
- George W. Church, Sr., founder of Church's Chicken, a chain of franchised fried chicken restaurants.
- John A. Church, an expert on sea-level and its changes
- Judith Church (born 1953), a politician in the United Kingdom.
- Louis K. Church.
- Mary Church Terrell (1863–1954), an American writer and civil-rights activist.
- Mike Church (born 1962), a Southern US radio commentator often considered a shock jock.
- Richard Church (general) (1784–1873), a British military officer and general in the Greek army.
- Richard William Church (1825–1890), an English divine, nephew of the general.
- Richard Church (poet) (1893–1972), an English poet and man of letters.
- Robert Reed Church (1839–1912), the first African-American millionaire.
- Ryan Church (born 1978), an American baseball player.
- Thomas Dolliver Church (1902–1978), an American landscape architect.
- Thomas Haden Church (born 1961), an American actor in television and movie.
- Thomas Langton Church (1870–1950), a Canadian politician.
- Walter G. Church, Sr., member of the North Carolina General Assembly.
- William Church (circa 1778 - 1863), American inventor who patented a typesetting machine in 1822.