|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: Core.|
Core generally is the heart or inner part of a thing, as of a column, wall, rope, of a boil, etc.; especially, the central part of fruit, containing the kernels or seeds; as, the core of an apple or quince.
Core could mean:
- Core (album), an album by Stone Temple Pilots
- Core (Persefone album)
- Core (radio station), a digital radio station in the United Kingdom
- The Core, a 2003 science fiction film
- Core Design, a videogame developer best known for the Tomb Raider series
- C.O.R.E., a computer animation studio
In science and academics:
- Core (group), in mathematics, an object in group theory
- Core (functional analysis), in mathematics, a subset of the domain of a closable operator
- core (graph theory), in mathematics, the homomorphically minimal subgraph of a graph
- core of a triangulated category in mathematics.
- Core (economics), the collection of stable allocations that no coalition can improve upon
- Planetary core, in planetary science, the center of a planet
- Solar core, the region of the Sun where nuclear fusion takes place
- Lithic core, in archaeology, a stone artifact left over from toolmaking
- Core curriculum, in education, an essential part of the curriculum
- Core sample, in Earth science, a sample obtained by coring
- Core countries, in dependency theory, an industrialized country on which peripheral countries depend
- Core (anatomy), in anatomy is everything except the appendages.
In computers and technology:
- Semiconductor intellectual property core, part of a CPU design
- Multi-core (computing), a type of microprocessor design in which multiple processors coexist on the same chip
- Intel Core, in processors, a brand of computer processor
- Magnetic core memory, in computing, the primary memory
- Core dump, in computing, a record of the core memory
- Nuclear reactor core, a portion containing the fuel components
- Magnetic core, in electricity and electronics, ferromagnetic material around which wires are wound
- the signal-carrying portion of an optical fiber
- Central Organization For Railway Electrification, an organization in India
- Congress of Racial Equality, United States civil rights organization
- Coordinated Online Register of Electors, central database in the United Kingdom
- Challenge of Reverse Engineering, a warez group
- Comment on Reproductive Ethics, a British pressure group.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.