From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Born||26 April 1926
Alderley Edge, Cheshire, England
|Died||21 December 2013
David Robert Coleman, OBE (26 April 1926 – 21 December 2013) was an English sports commentator and television presenter. He worked for the BBC for over 40 years. He covered eleven Olympic Games from 1960 to 2000 and six FIFA World Cups.
References[change | change source]
- "David Coleman: Former BBC sports broadcaster dies at 87". BBC. 21 December 2013. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25476438. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Sawer, Patrick (21 December 2013). "David Coleman dies after a lifetime as the voice of sport". Daily Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/telegraphsportnews/10532391/David-Coleman-dies-after-a-lifetime-as-the-voice-of-sport.html. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
Other websites[change | change source]
- David Coleman at the Internet Movie Database
- Monty Python Trailer sketch
- Independent December 2000
- Manchester City Cup Final Celebration 1969