December 2008 New England ice storm
The December 2008 ice storm was a bad ice storm in New England and New York. It made millions of people lose power. The storm was said to be the worst ice storm in a decade for New England. It was also the worst in 21 years for New York. Because of the storm, many trees fell down. They were coated in a heavy layer of ice. Many people were still without power after the storm was gone.
- "Worst Ice Storm in a Decade (Video)". The Weather Channel. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid823425597/bclid877032950/bctid4778613001. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- Gavin, Robert; Jordan Carleo-Evangelist (2008-12-13). "Icy Disaster: Outages stun area; shelters fill". Times Union (Albany). p. A1. http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=750116. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- "Storm leaves at least 1 million without power in Northeast". CNN. 2008-12-13. http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/12/12/storm.new.york.massachusetts/index.html. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- "New England shivers without power after ice storm". CNN. 2008-12-14. http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/12/14/massachusetts.emergency/?iref=mpstoryview. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- O'Connor, Anahad (2008-12-14). "Hundreds of Thousands Still Without Power". New York Times. http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/15/hundreds-of-thousands-still-without-power/. Retrieved 2009-01-02.