From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Doctor is a term that can apply to different concepts:
- A degree awarded by a university, after a longer study in a very specialized field of knowledge, see doctorate. People who successfully undertake a doctorate may bear the title of Doctor, (Dr., PhD)
- A degree given by a university, to a person for their achievements in a certain field of study; this is equivalent to the doctorate above, but without the exams, see honorary degree. People with such a degree will be able to use the title "Dr. h. c.", or similar.
- Certain studies have a special exam at the end. This exam is called "professional doctorate". People who pass it, may use the title "doctor". Examples for such doctorates include the Medical doctor and often the Juris Doctor.
- Doctor (Doctor Who) - A fictional character in the TV show Doctor Who.
- Doctor (Star Trek) - A holographic doctor in the TV show Star Trek: Voyager.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.