From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: duchess.|
Duchess is a rank of nobility. It is the female equivalent of Duke.
Duchess may also be:
Books, music and movies[change | edit source]
- The Duchess (film), a 2008 movie
- The Duchess (book), a book first published in 1998 as Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman
- Duchess (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), a character in Lewis Carroll's book
- "Duchess" (song), a 1980 song by Genesis
- "Duchess" (The Stranglers song)
Places[change | edit source]
- Duchess, Alberta, a village in Canada
- Duchess Landing, Oklahoma, a settlement in Oklahoma, USA
- Duchess Theatre, London, England
People[change | edit source]
- Lashina, a fictional DC Comics character also known as "Duchess"
- Duchess, a character in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, an American animated TV series
- "Duchess", the code name for the title character in the American animated TV series Archer
- The Duchess, a character in the video game American McGee's Alice
- Norma-Jean Wofford, rhythm guitarist with Bo Diddley from 1962 to 1966, nickamed "Duchess"
Transport[change | edit source]
- HMS Duchess, any of several British ships
- Duchess (boat), a historic sponge-hooking boat in Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Beechcraft Duchess, American monoplane
- Duchess class, a name for the unstreamlined locomotives of the LMS Princess Coronation Class of British railway locomotives
Miscellaneous[change | edit source]
- Duchess (restaurant), a restaurant chain in Connecticut, USA
- Duchess (solitaire), a card game for one person
- Duchess Lorikeet, a species of parrot
- Duchess potatoes or Duchesse potatoes, a way of cooking potatoes
- Duchess Stakes, a Canadian horse race
- Duchess, a brand of packaged sweet baked goods made by Carolina Foods
Other pages[change | edit source]
Similar spelling[change | edit source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.