From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Were you looking for English Wikipedia, the full English Wikipedia version of Simple?
The word English can mean:
- The people of England.
- From or about the country England (some people say "English" when they are thinking of things or people from other parts of the United Kingdom, but this is not correct.)
- The English language
- English studies: "I am studying English" can mean:
- A place in the United States: English, Indiana, named after William Hayden English, an Indiana politician that served in the United States House of Representatives and ran for Vice President of the United States in 1880.
- The Amish word for somebody who is not in their group - the Amish are a group of people in the USA.
- English (font) - a type or font size (14 point) (how big the writing is on your computer, for example)
- In the United States, people give the name "English" to the "Avoirdupois" system of measurement.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.