|Full name||Gerhard Müller|
|Date of birth||3 November 1945|
|Place of birth||Nördlingen, Germany|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 91⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Striker (retired)|
Fort Lauderdale Strikers
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Gerd Müller (born November 3, 1945 in Nördlingen) is a former football player. He played for FC bayern Muinich and the Germany national team. He was the best striker at his times and still owns many scoring records.
Club career [change]
He started playing football for TSV 1861 Nördlingen, where he scored in the 1962/63 season 180 out of 204 goals. From 1964 he played for FC Bayern München. In his first season for Bayern München he scored in 26 matches 33 goals. From 1965 till 1979 he scored in 427 Bundesliga matches and scored 365 goals. This record is still existing. From 1979 till 1982 he played in the US-professional league for Ford Lauderdale Strikers and Smiths Brothers Lounge.
He started his international career on 12 October 1966 in Ankara versus Turkye. In his second match versus Albania he scored his first four og his 68 goals in the national team. He was member of the 1970 FIFA World Cup team. With ten goals he was the best scorer in this tournament. 1972 Germany won the Europen Championship and Müller was again the best scorer of this tournament. 1974 he won with Germany the FIFA World Cup where he scored the second goal in the 2:1 victory over the Netherlands. After this tournament he resigned from the team.
- Müller scored 64 goals in 62 matches for Germany. He is still the best scorer in the team.
- During two World Cups (1970 and 1974) he scored 14 goals. This record was broken by Ronaldo during the World Cup 2006.
- He scored 66 goals in 74 international matches for Bayern Munich.
Titles with Bayern Munich [change]
- Intercontinental Cup: 1976
- European Champions’ Cup: 1974, 1975, 1976
- European Cup Winners’ Cup: 1967
- Bundesliga: 1969, 1972, 1973, 1974
- German Cup: 1966, 1967, 1969, 1971
- Regionalliga Süd: 1965
Personal honours [change]
- European Footballer of the Year: 1970
- German Footballer of the Year: 1967, 1969
- Voted best Player 40 Years Bundesliga 1963–2003
- European top scorer: 1970, 1972
- German top scorer: 1967, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1978
- World Cup top scorer: 1970
- European Championship top scorer: 1972
- European Cup top scorer: 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977
- World Football's Greatest Goalscorer of All Time (awarded in 2000)
- Named to FIFA 100
Club career statistics [change]
|United States||League||Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup||North America||Total|
|1979||Fort Lauderdale Strikers||NASL||27||19||-||-||27||19|
International career statistics [change]
|Germany national team|
Other websites [change]