Goatwhore performing at South by Southwest in 2013
|Origin||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Genres||Blackened death metal|
|Labels||Metal Blade, Noise|
|Associated acts||Acid Bath, Paralysis, Soilent Green, Ritual Killer, Crowbar, Nachtmystium|
Louis Benjamin Falgoust II
Goatwhore is an American blackened death metal band from New Orleans, Louisiana. The band has currently has four members. The members are Sammy Duet, Louis Benjamin Falgoust II, Zack Simmons, and James Harvey.
Lead singer Louis Benjamin Falgoust II describes where the band sits in the many subgenres of metal: "Whatever terms people decide to lock us into— black metal, death metal, black death metal, everyone's gotta have some kind of little blanket. It's almost like a social standing. To me, it's all just straight heavy metal."
History[change | change source]
The band was formed from singer and guitarist Sammy Duet after Acid Bath, the old band that he was in, broke up. Louis Benjamin Falgoust II, lead singer of Soilent Green, guitarist Ben Stout, bassist Patrick Bruders, and drummer Zak Nolan later joined the band. The band released their debut studio album The Eclipse of Ages into Black was released in early 2000. The last album that they released on Noise Records was Funeral Dirge for the Rotting Sun in 2003. They moved to Metal Blade Records and released A Haunting Curse on September 5, 2006. Goatwhore performed at Ozzfest in 2008 and 2010. On June 23, 2009, Goatwhore released their fourth studio album Carving out the Eyes of God.
The band was featured on the soundtrack to the Namco Bandai Games' 2010 video game Splatterhouse. On March 10, 2014, the band announced that they had completed recording on their sixth album and it is set for release later in the year. 
Band members[change | change source]
- Sammy Duet – Guitar, vocals (1997–present)
- Louis Benjamin Falgoust II – Lead vocals (1998–present)
- Zack Simmons – Drums (2004–present)
- James Harvey – Bass guitar (2009–present)
- Jared Beniot – Lead vocals (1997)
- Ben Stout – Guitar (1997–2002)
- Zak Nolan – Drums (1997–2003)
- Patrick Bruders – Bass (1997–2004)
- Tim Holsinger – Guitar (2002–2003)
- Nathan Bergeron – Bass (2004–2009)
Discography[change | change source]
Studio albums[change | change source]
- The Eclipse of Ages into Black (2000)
- Funeral Dirge for the Rotting Sun (2003)
- A Haunting Curse (2006)
- Carving out the Eyes of God (2009)
- Blood for the Master' (2012)
- Constricting Rage of the Merciless (2014)
References[change | change source]
- "Band of the Week For: 4/21/2014 - Goatwhore". http://hornsuprocks.com/band_full_view.php?id=58#.U7kkF_ldWP4. Retrieved 2014-7-6.
- "History". Ozzfest. http://www.ozzfest.com/history.html. Retrieved 2014-7-6.
- "New Splatterhouse Details on Soundtrack". IGN. http://ca.ign.com/articles/2010/10/07/new-splatterhouse-details-on-soundtrack. Retrieved 2014-7-6.
- "Goatwhore Completes Work On New Album". Blabbermouth.net. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/goatwhore-completes-work-on-new-album/. Retrieved 2014-7-6.