Jimmy Eat World
|Jimmy Eat World|
Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World performing at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C.
|Origin||Mesa, Arizona, United States|
|Genres||Alternative rock, emo, power pop, pop punk, punk rock|
|Labels||Unsigned Interscope, DreamWorks, Capitol, Wooden Blue, Fueled by Ramen, Better Looking, Geffen, Big Wheel Recreation, DGC, Western Tread Recordings|
Jimmy Eat World is an alternative rock band. They formed in Mesa, Arizona in 1994. To date, they have released six studio albums. They may record one more album on their label for a 2009 release, but after that will consider self-releasing. They have released many singles, including Sweetness, The Middle, Bleed American, Rockstar, and Let It Happen.
They used to be part of the emo scene and many would still call them that. However, the band has never liked that term and do not even understand that. While their albums do have considerable emo influences, the album Future brought on a change of sound and a different fanbase.
Studio albums [change]
- Jimmy Eat World - 1994
- Static Prevails - 1996
- Clarity - 1999
- Bleed American - 2001
- Futures - 2004
- Chase This Light - 2007
- Invented - 2010
- Damage - 2013
- One Two Three - 1994
- Jimmy Eat World (EP) - 1998
- Firestarter - 2000
- Good To Go - 2002
- Stay On My Side Tonight - 2005
- The Powerstation (2011). "JIMMY EAT WORLD". The Powerstation. The Powerstation. http://www.powerstation.net.nz/shows/jimmy-eat-world-apr-2011. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- Leahey, Andrew. "Biography: Jimmy Eat World". Allmusic. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p174821/biography. Retrieved October 24, 2007.
- Tate, Jason (5 December 2011). "Jimmy Eat World: Labeless?". AbsolutePunk (Buzz Media). http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2536802. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
Other websites [change]