Kaz II mystery
The Kaz II is a 12 metre catamaran that was found drifting 160 km (80 nautical miles) off the northern coast of Australia on April 18, 2007. What happened to the crew of the boat is still unknown. The circumstances in which they disappeared are mysterious and have been compared to that of the 1800s ship Mary Celeste.
References[change | change source]
- Reuters (2007-04-20), Australian "ghost ship" mystery puzzles rescuers, archived from the original on 2007-04-23, http://web.archive.org/web/20070423053735/news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070420/wl_nm/australia_yacht_dc_2, retrieved 2007-04-21
- BBC (2007-04-20), 'Ghost yacht' found off Australia, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6574547.stm, retrieved 2007-04-21
- AAP (2007-04-22), Search for yachtsmen called off, http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/search-for-yachtsmen-called-off/2007/04/22/1177180461201.html, retrieved 2007-04-22
- ORF (2007-04-22), Police abandoned hope (German), http://www.orf.at/070422-11516/index.html, retrieved 2007-04-22
- Sydney Morning Herald (2007-05-05), Cruel sea refuses to give up its secrets, http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cruel-sea-refuses-to-give-up-its-secrets/2007/05/04/1177788400656.html, retrieved 2007-05-08