From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Knot could mean:
- knot – a fastening or securing of linear material such as rope, by tying or interweaving
- knot (mathematics), an abstract representation of an interwoven linear object
- knot (speed), a unit of water or air speed ideally equaling 1 nautical mile per hour, depending on the relative motion of the medium
- knot (wood), a mark left in timber by the origin of branches; the knot's grain travels in a different direction to the trunk of the tree
- Red Knot, a wading bird (simply called "Knot" in Europe)
- Great Knot, a wading bird
- Knotted Marjoram, an alternative name for the herb Marjoram
- Knotted wrack, a seaweed
- Knotgrass or knotweed, a member of the buckwheat family
Knot could also mean:
- the bulbus glandis, a part of the penis of a canine, in animal anatomy
- a knot garden, an elaborate interlace of tightly-clipped low hedging
- a tight cluster or group, in statistics
- a type of join, in figurative language, as in a marriage
- a small, hard, tender spot in a muscle referred to as a kink or trigger point
- Cramp, a strong muscle contraction resulting in pain
Knots could mean:
- Knots (film), a 2004 film starring Scott Cohen and Annabeth Gish
- Knots, a 1970 book on psychology by R. D. Laing.
Other pages[change | edit source]
- Knots Landing, an American soap opera
- Gordian Knot (disambiguation)
- In some languages, the words for "node" and "knot" are the same.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.