- There is also a sport equipment company, see Kookaburra Sport.
- Genus Dacelo
- Laughing Kookaburra (Dacelo novaeguineae)
- Blue-winged Kookaburra (Dacelo leachii)
- Spangled Kookaburra (Dacelo tyro)
- Rufous-bellied Kookaburra (Dacelo gaudichaud)
Kookaburras originally lived in Australia and New Guinea. Some were brought by humans to New Zealand between 1866 and 1880; but only those that were freed by Sir George Grey on Kawau Island are still there today.
Kookaburras usually live in family groups. Young kookaburras help their parents to hunt and care for the smaller children.
Kookaburras are well known for their loud call, which sounds a bit like human laughter. Kookaburras use their calling to show others their territory.
|Wikispecies has information on: Dacelo.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Dacelo|