The line of succession to the Norwegian throne is the list of people who may become King or Queen of Norway.
Since 1990, Norwegian law identifies the eldest child of a Norwegian monarch the royal heir. The first-born child follows his or her parent on the throne. This is known as full or equal primogeniture.
Order of succession [change]
In 2011, the current order of succession is clear.
- Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway, the oldest son of Harald V of Norway
- Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, Crown Prince Haakon's daughter
- Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, Crown Prince Haakon's younger son
- Princess Märtha Louise of Norway, King Harald's daughter
- Maud Angelica Behn, Princess Märtha Louise's daughter
- Leah Isadora Behn, Princess Märtha Louise's second daughter
- Emma Tallulah Behn, Princess Märtha Louise's third daughter
Related pages [change]