Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
In 2004, the Olsen twins said that they would be going to university.
Merchandise related to the Olsens is still very popular in the teenage market. The Olsens have a clothing line for girls ages 4-14 in Wal-Mart stores across North America, as well as a beauty line called "Mary-Kate and Ashley: Real fashion for real girls".
Health issues[change | edit source]
In mid-2004, Olsen announced she had entered treatment for an eating disorder, anorexia nervosa. A Got Milk? ad featuring the twins was pulled following the announcement. On November 20, 2007 she was hospitalized for a reported kidney infection. In 2003 Mary-Kate announced that she and Ashley both suffer from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Fashion only[change | edit source]
The twins have bought up a number of fashion labels, and this is now their main activity. In 2012 the girls decided to quit acting permanently and focus on fashion.
References[change | edit source]
- Soriano, César G. "Mary-Kate Olsen seeks treatment for eating disorder." USA Today. 2004-06-22.
- Soriano, César G. (2004-06-22). "Mary-Kate in treatment". USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-06-22-olsen-treatment_x.htm.
- "Olsen Twins' 'Got Milk?' Ad Pulled" All Business. 2004-06-08. Last accessed 2011-02-19.
- "Olsen twins no longer 'Got milk'" MSNBC. Jul 7, 2004. Last accessed 2011-02-19.
- "Mary-Kate Olsen hospitalized for kidney infection". USA Today.com. 2007-11-20.
- Mary-Kate Olsen
- Olsen Twins Quit Acting: Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Focus On Fashion