Netbook, the word made by Intel company in February 2008, means cheap, smaller size of laptop much easier to move. It is a kind of computer that does basic jobs like web surfing and word processing. Netbook device is normally built for CPU that uses lower power, like the Intel Atom. Now there are many netbooks such as hp-mini and Asus Eee PC. More than 50 million netbooks will be released by 2011.
History[change | edit source]
In 2007, Asus present the ASUS Eee PC range running a Linux on a 7 inch color screen. The Eee PC has been a top seller on Amazon.com and is often sold out in stores. The Eee's success is attributed to the relatively low-price (around $350/£230/€300) compared with standard-sized laptops. (above $1000 at that time)
In June 2008, MSI launched the MSI Wind PC, with features such as Bluetooth and a 10" LED, backlit, 1024x600 screen. This new laptop is the first built with Intel Atom low power technology and competes with the HP 2133 Mini-Note PC which has a 8.9" screen.
Gallery[change | edit source]
References[change | edit source]
- Paul Bergevin (2008-03-03). "Thoughts on Netbooks". Technology@Intel blog. http://blogs.intel.com/technology/2008/03/thoughts_on_netbooks.php. Retrieved 2008-10-23.
- Edward Chester. "Intel Sets Out Netbook and Nettop Plans". Trusted Reviews. http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebooks/news/2008/04/04/Intel-Sets-Out-Netbook-and-Nettop-Plans/p1. Retrieved 2008-10-23.
- Asus Eee News, Mods, and Hacks: Asus Eee PC Amazon Bestseller
- "MSI Netbook". http://netbook-review.com/lightweight-packs-punch-msi-wind-u100-netbook.
- http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=prodpage2&maincat_no=135&cat2_no=582 MSI
- http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/321957-321957-64295-321838-306995-3687084.html HP