September 13, 1924
Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.
|Died||July 27, 2012
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Norm Alden|
|Alma mater||Texas Christian University|
(1966-19??; divorced); 2 children
(c. 1987-2012; his death)
Norman Alden (born Norman Adelberg; September 13, 1924 – July 27, 2012) was an American character actor. He performed in television programs and movies. He first appeared on television on The 20th Century Fox Hour in 1957. He provided the voice of Kay in The Sword in the Stone (1963), and had a notable role in I Never Promised You a Rose Garden. His acting career began in 1957 and lasted nearly 50 years. He retired from acting in 2006.
Alden was born on September 13, 1924 in Fort Worth, Texas and died at the age of 87 on July 27, 2012 from natural causes in Los Angeles. He is survived by his two children from his first marriage, one grandson, and his partner of over 25 years, Linda Gilbert Thieben. 
References[change | change source]
- "Oscar Was Great Help". Gadsden Times. February 17, 1978. http://news.google.ca/newspapers?id=aAEkAAAAIBAJ&sjid=RNYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1281,2470533&dq=norman-alden&hl=en. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- "The New York Times". The New York Times. http://movies.nytimes.com/person/740/Norman-Alden. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- Character Actor Norman Alden Dies at 87
- "Actor Norman Alden dies aged 87". http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19045983. Retrieved 30-07-2012.
- Thieben, Linda Gilbert. "Linda Gilbert Thieben". Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/linda.thieben. Retrieved 2 August 2012.