Norman Milton Lear (born July 27, 1922) is an American television writer and producer. He produced 1970s sitcoms including All in the Family, Sanford and Son, One Day at a Time, The Jeffersons, Good Times, and Maude.
Lear was born on July 27, 1922 in New Haven, Connecticut to a Jewish family. He studied at Emerson College. Lear was married to Charlotte Rosen until they divorced. Then he was married to Frances Loeb from 1956 until they divorced in 1986. He has been married to Lyn Davis since 1987.
References[change | edit source]
- "Norman Lear Biography (1922-)". Filmreference.com. http://www.filmreference.com/film/8/Norman-Lear.html. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Interview with Aish.com
Other websites[change | edit source]
- Norman Lear at the Internet Movie Database
- The Official Norman Lear Website
- Biography of Norman Lear at the Museum of Broadcast Communications website
- 2005 interview with Norman Lear
- 2006 story on Lear and All in the Family that describes Lear's interests and his life in Vermont
- Independence Road Trip
- 463rd Bombardment Group Historical Society
- NNDB.com Profile
- Norman Lear Archive of American Television interview
- Born Again American website