Olympia Snowe (born on February 21, 1947, in Augusta, Maine) was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1994. She retired in 2013. She was the first woman to serve in both houses of a state legislature and in both houses of the the United States Congress. She was the first woman to be elected Senator in the history of Maine. She is the first Greek woman ever elected to the United States Congress. Senator Snowe is a member of the United States Republican Party. Snowe also served in the United States House of Representatives.
- Kane, Paul; Cillizza, Chris (29 February 2012). "Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) says she’ll retire, citing partisanship in Congress". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sen-olympia-snowe-a-maine-moderate-wont-seek-another-term/2012/02/28/gIQAnvOAhR_story.html. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Olympia Snowe|
- U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe official U.S. Senate site
- Olympia Snowe for Senate official campaign site
- Profile at SourceWatch
- U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe video clips from the Senate Republican Conference[dead link].
- U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe audio clips from the Senate Republican Conference[dead link]
- "The Anguished Moderate," The Washington Post, July 15, 2007.