|Type||Private (Subsidiary of Electronic Arts)|
|Industry||Software & Programming|
|Founded||Santa Monica, California (1998) Defunct (2009)|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California
|Key people||Andrew Goldman, CEO
Josh Resnick, President
|Products||Full Spectrum Warrior
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Destroy All Humans! series
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
(See complete products listing)
Pandemic Studios was a video game developer that was started in 1998. The studio was shut down in 2009 from the result of layoffs in Electronic Arts. The rest of the staff were moved to EA Los Angeles to support The Saboteur and Mercs Inc.
There were several development teams inside Pandemic before closing:
- Full Spectrum Warrior team, responsible for the original game as well as its sequel, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, are now working on Littlest Pet Shop.
- Star Wars team, who developed the Star Wars: Battlefront series, and who are now working on The Lord of the Rings: Conquest.
- Mercenaries team, created Mercenaries, as well as Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, which both were published by EA Games.
- Project B, Q, Z teams, currently working on several unannounced projects and the recently announced Saboteur, a game chronicling the adventures of a French resistance fighter during WWII.
- The Brisbane Team, which was working on project B. All projects were canceled after the studio's close.
Games developed (made) [change]
- Battlezone II (1999)
- Dark Reign 2 (2000)
- Triple Play 2002 (2002)
- Army Men RTS (2002)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (video game) (2002)
- Full Spectrum Warrior (2004)
- Star Wars: Battlefront (2004)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005)
- Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (2005)
- Destroy All Humans! (2005)
- Destroy All Humans! 2 (2006)
- Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (2008)
- The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (2009)
- The Saboteur (2009