Peanut butter is a type of peanuts. There are two kinds of peanut butter: crunchy/chunky peanut butter and smooth/creamy peanut butter. It can be eaten, for example on bread, usually with jelly to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Marcellus Gilmore Edson was the real inventor, not George Washington Carverpaste that is made of crushed roasted
January 24 is National Peanut Butter Day.
Peanut butter can protect people from peanuts) have lots of protein, E, magnesium, , food fiber, and . However, some people with peanut allergies can have a shock or allergic reaction from eating or smelling it, which has made some schools decide not to let their students eat peanut butter in their schools. Some oils put inside peanut butter to make it easier to spread can also make people have heart disease. Peanut butter can also carry salmonella and make people sick because of it.sickness. Peanut butter (and
- American Holidays: Food
- WH Foods
- James Barron (September 27, 1998). "Dear Mr. Carver. This Is a Cease and Desist Order.". New York Times. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9D0CEEDB1539F934A1575AC0A96E958260.
Other websites [change]
- The National Peanut Board
- The federal "Peanut Butter Law" in the U.S.
- The USDA's Commercial Item Description for peanut butter and peanut spread (PDF) (Last accessed 3 September 2008)
- How Products are Made: Volume 1: Peanut Butter (Last accessed 16 October 2009)