A poodle is a breed of dog. They are very smart, and are one of the most popular kinds of dogs. Many people own them or show them. Poodles were once used as hunting and sporting dogs, but now they are mostly pets. Poodles do not shed as much fur as some dogs, so they are good pets for people who are allergic to dogs.Generally the poodle is intelligent, and it is said that the wisdomof the poodle is the second place next to the Border collie.Poodle made use of high intelligence during WWⅡand played an active part as the help dog.
Poodles are also popular because they come in many different colors and sizes. They are most often white or black; but can be orange, called "apricot"; dark gray, called "blue"; and other colors. There are also some rare colors, such as chocolate brown, and brindle.
Poodles are bred in many different sizes. The four main sizes from largest to smallest are Standard, Miniature, Medium and Toy. There are also other sizes, like the very small Teacup, that are not official. This means that these other sizes cannot be part of professional dog shows.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Poodle|
- "American Kennel Club - Poodle". akc.org. http://www.akc.org/breeds/poodle/index.cfm. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Poodles". hoflin.com. http://www.hoflin.com/br/poodles. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Dog breeds that don't shed". doggydoghealth.com. http://doggydoghealth.com/dog-health-problems/dog-breeds-that-dont-shed-257368.html. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Sizes and Colors of Poodles on PoodlesOnline.com, Your Internet Resource to the Premier Breeders of Poodles at www.poodlesonline.com -- poodles, poodle, standard poodles, miniature poodles, toy poodles". poodlesonline.com. http://www.poodlesonline.com/sizes_colors.html. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Standard Poodle Dog and Puppies". dog-names.org.uk. http://www.dog-names.org.uk/poodle.htm. Retrieved 17 April 2010.