From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rock has several meanings:
- rock (geology), a hard substance made of minerals, often found in or on the ground
- A metaphor derived from the above meaning: someone you trust and depend on. A person might call a trustworthy and reliable friend "a rock".
- a verb, to rock, meaning to move to and fro:
- The mother rocked her baby.
- The boat rocked in the wind.
- Rock and roll music, a form of popular music from the 20th century. *The word "rock" is short for "rock 'n roll". Sometimes it refers to music with a "harder" sound than the original 1950s "rock 'n roll" sound.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.