Running is a sport known to be good for health; it not only helps the breathing and heartbeat but it is also good exercise because it burns any spare calories. Running keeps a person fit and active. Running makes a person thirsty, so it is important to drink water when running. Running is a great way to relieve stress. Some people may hate running because it is hard and exhausting work.
Some benefits of running are [change]
- Health – From wanting to lose weight to trying to fight disease and aging, there are lots of health benefits to running.
- Mental – Whether to help depression or find some time to think, there are large mental benefits to running as well.
- Running is also fun and does not need special equipment to do it. When running, the muscles, lungs, brain, heart and other organs get better.
- Running is often used as cross training for many sports, especially ones that require sustained endurance,soccer
Ways to avoid injuries [change]
- Before going on a long run, do not forget to have a five-minute warm-up and some stretching exercises.
- It is better to run in the morning, to avoid heat tiredness. Do not run when pollution levels are high.
- Run in the shade if possible, wear sunglasses, apply sunscreen and try to avoid direct sun rays.
- Too much clothing can produce sweating, which causes the body to lose heat quickly. Dress in layers. Wear the correct footwear.
- When running in cold weather wear hat, gloves and clothing that covers your neck.
- Try running on a straight surface.
- Running on a treadmill is good too, it has the same benefits AND you can do other things while you are running.