From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: signal.|
Signal, signals or signalling may refer to:
Scientific concepts [change]
- Signal (electrical engineering), a varying quantity that can carry information over air or wires.
- Signal processing, the field of techniques used to extract information from signals
- Signal (computing), an event, message, or data structure transmitted between computational processes
- Cell signalling (biology), the system of communication that governs basic cellular activities and coordinates cell actions
- Signal (biology), electrochemical activity in an organism
- Signals used in various kinds of transport:
- Signals (military), a historical name for the military communications
- Signal corps, the branch of military which operates with command, control and communications systems
- Signalling theory in biology, how organisms signal their state to others
- Distress signal
- Smoke signal (See also Category:Early telecommunications)
- Signalling (telecommunications), a part of some communication protocols
- Signal (recognition), a way of showing that a person recognizes something; such as the Color of the day used by police.
- Signal band A rock band from Northwest Indiana
- Signal (band), a Bulgarian rock band
- Signals (album), an album by progressive rock band Rush
- Signal (magazine)
- Signal (toothpaste)
- Signal 1 and Signal 2 radio stations
- Signal (subscription service), service that provided real-time stock quotes
- Signaal (now Thales Nederland), a Netherlands based defence company
- Signal Systems, a company of the McLean Group of Companies
- Any implicit, subtle, or disguised message, in situations such as:
- Signals and slots, a software design pattern
- Kent (game) a card game also known as Signal or Kemp
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.