- If you are looking for the software, this might be the article you are looking for: Subversion (software)
Subversion means trying to break the established order of a society. Subversion works against structures of power, authority, exploitation, servitude, and hierarchy. A subversive is something or someone that has some possibility of turning against an organization or system.
Subversive activity [change]
Subversive activity is helping or supporting individuals, groups, or organizations that want to remove governments by force and violence. Subversive activity may be similar to treason, sedition, sabotage, or espionage.
Subversion is a crime in China. The government of the People's Republic of China prosecutes subversives under Articles 102 through 112 of the state criminal law. These laws describe behavior that can be a threat to national security. China has prosecuted many dissidents using these laws. Articles 105 and 111 are used the most often to silence political dissent. Article 105 makes it a crime to organize, make a secret plan, work against the national order, or tell rumors to make people fight the national order or overthrow the socialist system. Article 111 prohibits stealing, secretly collecting, purchasing, or illegally providing state secrets or intelligence to an organization, institution, or personnel outside the country.
United Kingdom [change]
There is no crime defined as "subversion" in British Constitutional law. There is a crime of treason. Legal experts have tried define subversion, but political and legal thinkers could not reach a general agreement.
- Silencing Critics by Exploiting National Security and State Secrets Laws. Congressional-Executive Commission on China.
- Coliver, Sandra (1999). Secrecy and liberty: national security, freedom of expression and access to information. Martinus Nijhoff Publishers. pp. 243. ISBN 978-9041111913.
- Coliver, 1999, p. 245.
- Spjut, R. J. (1979). Defining Subversion. British Journal of Law and Society, 6(2), 254-261
- Gill, Peter (1994). Policing politics: security intelligence and the liberal democratic state. Routledge. p. 119. ISBN 978-0714634906
Other websites [change]
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: subversion.|
- "Address before the National Association of Manufacturers" on the Soviet military and political threat by Allen Welsh Dulles (1959) - lower-middle portion of web page