Summerlee Heritage Park
Summerlee Heritage Park is an industrial museum in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, Scotland. It has won several awards. It was built on the old Summerlee ironworks. It also uses the main workshop of the old Hyrdocon Crane factory.
The museum closed in 2006 for a £10Million refurbishment. It re-opened in 2008.
The old main hall has been re-built. The museum tries to show Lanarkshire's contribution to engineering. There are interactive displays and a children's "Discovery Zone".
The museum also displays several railway steam locomotives, preserved carriages from a 1960s era Glasgow "Blue Train" and has a short working tramline.
Other pages [change]
- Beamish Museum - an industrial museum in the North of England
- Black Country Living Museum - an industrial museum in the West Midlands conurbation
- East Anglia Transport Museum
- Glasgow Museum of Transport
- National Tramway Museum
- The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft