From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article may have too many red links. (December 2012)|
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: toll.|
The word toll has several meanings.
Road transportation infrastructure[change | edit source]
- "Toll" is sometimes used as a synonym for tariff
- Toll road, a road for which road usage tolls are charged
- Toll plaza, a facility where tolls are collected, on modern toll roads, tunnels, and bridges
- Toll bridge, a bridge for which road usage tolls are charged
- Toll tunnel, a tunnel for which road usage tolls are charged
- Toll house, a place where road usage tolls are collected
- Electronic toll collection, aims to eliminate the delay on toll roads by collecting tolls electronically
- High occupancy toll, a toll on single-occupant vehicles using high-occupancy vehicle lanes to reduce traffic congestion
- Shadow toll, payments made by government to the private sector operator of a road based on the number of vehicles using the road
- Road toll, the number of deaths caused annually by road accidents
Other[change | edit source]
- Funeral tolling is the slow, solemn ringing of church bells at funerals
- Toll (gene), encode members of the Toll-like receptor class of proteins
- Toll-like receptor, a class of proteins which play a key role in the innate immune system
- Toll switching trunk, in telephone communications systems
- Toll (telecommunications), refers to connection charges, for instance note Trunk vs Toll charging and toll-free telephone numbers
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.