From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Torrance is a city in southwest Los Angeles, California. Jared Torrance founded it in 1911. In 2003, there were 142,621 people living in Torrance. It is the sixth biggest city in Los Angeles county.
Things to See[change | edit source]
- Del Amo Fashion center is one of the biggest malls in the United States.
- Madrona Marsh is a nature center that protects wild animals and plants.
- Torrance Beach is between Redondo Beach and Malaga Cove.
- The Armed Forces Day Parade shows people many military vehicles and soldiers.
- Torrance High School is one of the oldest high schools in California. Many television shows used Torrance High, for example Buffy the Vampire Slayer and She's All That.
- Alpine Village is a restaurant, market, and mall. Oktoberfest is held here.
Trivia[change | edit source]
- It is where superstar teens Alyson Michalka and Amanda Michalka were born.