From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: transcription.|
Transcription may mean:
- Transcription (linguistics), the conversion of spoken words into written language. Also the conversion of handwriting, or a photograph of text into pure text
- Transcription (genetics), the process of copying DNA to RNA by an enzyme called RNA polymerase (RNAP)
- Transcription (music), either notating an unnotated piece, common in ethnomusicology, or rewriting a piece, either simply recopying (as for clarity), or as an arrangement for another instrument
- Medical transcription, documentation of patients medical records
- Piano transcription, a piece of music played on one or more pianos that is an approximation of a source piece of music
- in computer speech recognition, transcription is the process of having a speech recognition system/software listen to prerecorded voice and then make it insert the recognizable words into a document for later correction
Other pages [change]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.