U.S. Defense Department firefighters
The United States Department of Defense employs civilian firefighters. They are stationed at military bases to work as firefighters. These workers have their own uniforms and equipment. They are not a part of any military unit. They will work alongside military units if needed. Many times, they are the only firefighters at a military facility. The civilian firefighters wear special uniforms, usually a dark blue suit with a badge and with a shoulder patch indicating their firefighting organization.
Related pages [change]
Other websites [change]
- Military Firefighter Heritage Foundation website.
- U.S. Defense Dept. Fire & Emergency Services Certification Program web page.
- dodfire.com, Organization website
- History web page, dodfire.com
- Website for US Army civilian firefighter units, U.S. Army Installation Management Command
- fedfire.org, federal firefighters group in California.
- Fort Knox firefighters website
- Fort Knox firefighters patch website
- US Government document authorizing use of uniforms for civilian firefighters