Wizardry is a series of computer role-playing games that were popular in the 1980s. First, made for the Apple II, they were later moved to other platforms. The latest game in the series, Wizardry 8, is only for Windows.
David W. Bradley took over the series after the fourth game.
Series[change | edit source]
Ultimately the single game became a series:
- Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (1981)
- Knight of Diamonds (1982)
- Legacy of Llylgamyn (1983)
- The Return of Werdna (1986)
- Heart of the Maelstrom (1988)
- Bane of the Cosmic Forge (1990)
- Crusaders of the Dark Savant (1992) (Remade as Wizardry Gold in 1996)
- Wizardry 8 (2001)
The first and last three games were trilogies (Three parts of one story).