From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
History[change | edit source]
- 1974—The institute was founded by Lester Brown.
- 1975—The first Worldwatch Paper was published.
- 1984—First State of the World published.
- 1988—World Watch Magazine was launched.
- 1992—Vital Signs, Worldwatch's third annual series, was started.
- 2000—Christopher Flavin became President of Worldwatch in October.
- 2008—Worldwatch hosted the 20th Anniversary of the James Hansen hearings.
- 2011—Robert Engelman became President of Worldwatch in October.