|Birth name||Ásgeir Trausti Einarsson|
|Also known as||Ásgeir Trausti|
|Born||1 July 1992|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
|Labels||One Little Indian, Sena, Inertia|
|Associated acts||Uniimog, The Lovely Lion|
Ásgeir Trausti Einarsson (born 1 July 1992) is an Icelandic singer-songwriter. In 2013 he started releasing music as Ásgeir. He lives in Reykjavík, Iceland. His first album, Dýrð í dauðaþögn, was released in 2012. An English version of the album called In the Silence was released in 2014.
Awards and nominations[change | change source]
|2012||Icelandic Music Awards||Album of the Year||Dýrð í dauðaþögn||Won|
|Best Newcomer (Pop, rock & blues)||Ásgeir Trausti||Won|
|Public Choice Award||Ásgeir Trausti||Won|
|Icelandicmusic.com's Online Achievement Award||Ásgeir Trausti||Won|
|Songwriter of the Year (Pop & Rock)||Dýrð í dauðaþögn||Nominated|
|Male Vocalist of the Year (Pop, Rock, Jazz & Blues)||Dýrð í dauðaþögn||Nominated|
|Kraumur Awards||Kraumur Award 2012||Dýrð í dauðaþögn||Won|
|2013||Nordic Music Prize||Best Nordic Album Of The Year, 2012||Dýrð í dauðaþögn||Nominated|
|2014||European Commission||European Border Breakers Award||Ásgeir||Won|
References[change | change source]
- "Winners and Nominees: 2012". Íslensku Tónlistarverðlaunin. Archived from the original on 2016-10-27. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Canadian International Comedy Festival". canadianmusicfest.com.
- "Kraumslistinn 2012". 2012. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "First Aid Kit wins the Third Annual Nordic Music Prize". 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Disclosure Win 2014 European Border Breakers Award". M Magazine. PRS for Music. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.