101 Dalmatians (1996 movie)
|Directed by||Stephen Herek|
|Screenplay by||John Hughes|
|Based on||The Hundred and One Dalmatians|
by Dodie Smith
|Edited by||Trudy Ship|
|Music by||Michael Kamen|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures Distribution|
|Box office||$320.7 million|
101 Dalmatians is a movie made by The Walt Disney Company in 1996. It is a remake of the 1961 animated movie One Hundred and One Dalmatians (which was based on Dodie Smith's 1956 novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians). The movie's main actor is Glenn Close as Cruella de Vil. Unlike in the earlier versions of the story, the dalmatians are played by real dalmatian actors, and none of the dalmatians talk. A sequel, 102 Dalmatians, was made in 2000 and was released in November. This movie is called simply 101 in Japan, like its sequel, which is called 102.
Cast[change | change source]
- Glenn Close as Cruella de Vil
- Jeff Daniels as Roger Dearly
- Joely Richardson as Anita Campbell-Green-Dearly
- Joan Plowright as Nanny
- Hugh Laurie as Jasper
- Mark Williams as Horace
- John Shrapnel as Skinner
Release[change | change source]
101 Dalmatians was released on VHS on April 15, 1997 and as a DVD on December 12, 2000. Because many people bought the DVD, Disney re-released the film on September 16, 2008 in the United States.
Box office[change | change source]
The movie made lots of money when it was in movie theatres, earning $136,189,294 in the United States and $184,500,000 in other places, bringing its worldwide total to $320,689,294.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "101 Dalmatians (1996)". AllMusic. Archived from the original on December 3, 2018. Retrieved December 2, 2018.
- ↑ "Hollywood Flashback: Glenn Close First Brought Cruella de Vil to Life in 1996". The Hollywood Reporter. May 28, 2021. Archived from the original on June 7, 2021. Retrieved June 7, 2021.
- ↑ "101 Dalmatians (1996)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
Other websites[change | change source]
- 1996 movies
- English-language movies
- 1996 comedy movies
- 1996 adventure movies
- 1990s American adventure movies
- American comedy movies
- Disney movie remakes
- 1990s English-language movies
- 101 Dalmatians
- Movies about dogs
- Movies based on books
- Movies composed by Michael Kamen
- Movies directed by Stephen Herek
- Movies set in London