Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1110s 1120s 1130s – 1140s – 1150s 1160s 1170s|
|Years:||1142 1143 1144 – 1145 – 1146 1147 1148|
Events[change | change source]
- February 15 — Pietro Bernardo Paganelli of Montemagno, Calci is elected as Pope Eugene III, and succeeds Pope Lucius II as the 167th pope.
- Pope Eugene III issues Quantum praedecessores, calling for the Second Crusade
- Construction begins on Notre-Dame d'Chartres in Chartres, France
- Kim Pusik and his team of historians finishes the making of the Korean historical text Samguk Sagi.
- Woburn Abbey founded.
- Arnold of Brescia joins the revolutionary Commune of Rome, where he becomes its leader for the next 10 years.
Births[change | change source]
- Maria of Antioch, Byzantine Empress (d. 1182)
- Marie de Champagne, Countess of Champagne (d. 1198)
- Theodora Comnena, Queen of Jerusalem
- Pope Gregory IX (d. 1241)
- Al-Adil I, Ayyubid-Egyptian general and ruler (d. 1218)
- Amalric II of Jerusalem (d. 1205)