1228 was a leap year.
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1190s 1200s 1210s – 1220s – 1230s 1240s 1250s|
|Years:||1225 1226 1227 – 1228 – 1229 1230 1231|
Events[change | change source]
- The Sixth Crusade is launched by Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor, after delays due to sickness and an excommunication from Pope Gregory IX.
- Conrad IV of Germany becomes titular King of Jerusalem, with Frederick II as regent.
- Baldwin II becomes emperor of the Latin Empire in Constantinople, with John of Brienne as regent.
- Amadeus IV becomes count of Savoy.
- Francis of Assisi founder of the Franciscan order Canonized by Pope Gregory IX
- Sukaphaa, the first Ahom king, establishes his rule in Assam. The Ahom kings reigned for close to 600 years.
- First mention of the Transylvanian town of Reghin, in a charter of Andrew II of Hungary.