Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1470s 1480s 1490s – 1500s – 1510s 1520s 1530s|
|Years:||1502 1503 1504 – 1505 – 1506 1507 1508|
Events[change | change source]
- March 5 – Papal dispensation issued for the marriage of Henry VIII of England and Catherine of Aragon
- Portuguese under Dom Lourenço d'Almeida reach Colombo, Sri Lanka and send envoys to King of Kotte.
- June 27 – Henry VIII of England repudiates his engagement to Catherine of Aragon, at his father's command
- King Alexander of Poland signed "Nihil novi" act – Poland became Nobles' Democracy
- Poland prohibits peasants from leaving their lands, establishing serfdom
- Christ's College, Cambridge founded.
- Vasili III succeeds Ivan III as Grand Prince of Muscovy.
- Idiosa III of Chardonnay murdered.
- Arabs reach Comoros.
- Judah Abravanel becomes personal physician to the viceroy of Naples.