1997 Asian financial crisis
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Asian financial crisis was a period of financial crisis. It gripped much of Asia beginning in July 1997.
Related pages[change | change source]
Papers[change | change source]
- Ngian Kee Jin (March 2000). Coping with the Asian Financial Crisis: The Singapore Experience. Institute of Southeast Asian Studies. ISSN 0219-3582
- Tiwari, Rajnish (2003). Post-crisis Exchange Rate Regimes in Southeast Asia, Seminar Paper, University of Hamburg.
- Kilgour, Andrea (1999). The changing economic situation in Vietnam: A product of the Asian crisis? Archived 17 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Stiglitz, Joseph (1996). Some Lessons From The East Asian Miracle. The World Bank Research Observer.
- Weisbrot, Mark (August 2007). Ten Years After: The Lasting Impact of the Asian Financial Crisis. Center for Economic and Policy Research.
- Tecson, Marcelo L. (2009), "IMF Must Renounce Its Weapon of Mass Destruction: High Interest Rates" (4-part paper on high-interest-rate fallacies and alternatives, emailed to IMF and others on 27 January 2009)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Women bear brunt of crisis, article by Australian photo-journalist John Le Fevre examining the effects of the Asian Economic Crisis on Asia's female workforce
- The Crash (transcript only), from the PBS series Frontline
- Impact on Indonesia from the Dean Peter Krogh Foreign Affairs Digital Archives
- Congressional Research Service report for US Congress
- Asia's Financial Sector: 12 Things to Know Asian Development Bank