2007 Pacific hurricane season
|Season summary map|
|First storm formed||May 26, 2007|
|Last storm dissipated||October 23, 2007|
|Strongest storm||Flossie – 940 mbar (hPa) (27.77 inHg), 150 mph (240 km/h) (1-minute sustained)|
|Major hurricanes (Cat. 3+)||1|
|Total damage||$80 million (2007 USD)|
|Pacific hurricane seasons
2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
The 2007 Pacific hurricane season was an event in the annual cycle of tropical cyclone formation. It officially started on May 15, 2007 in the eastern Pacific, designated as the area east of 140°W, and on June 1 2007 in the central Pacific, which is between the International Date Line and 140°W, and lasted until November 30, 2007. These dates conventionally delimit the period of each year when most tropical cyclones form in the Pacific basin.
The season began slowly; through the end of July, the seasonal ACE was the third lowest since the geostationary satellite era began in 1966. The inactivity continued through the next month, which was the third quietest August in terms of ACE since reliable records began in the basin in 1971. Tropical Storm Barbara in June caused $55 million (2007 USD) in crop damage in southeastern Mexico from heavy precipitation. In August, Hurricane Flossie formed in the Eastern Pacific and crossed into the Central Pacific, threatening Hawaii but causing little damage. In early September, Hurricane Henriette dropped heavy rainfall in southwest Mexico, which caused nine fatalities and $25 million (2007 USD) in damage.
Storms[change | change source]
- Tropical Storm Alvin
- Tropical Storm Barbara
- Tropical Depression Three-E
- Tropical Depression Four-E
- Tropical Depression Five-E
- Hurricane Cosme
- Tropical Storm Dalila
- Tropical Storm Erick
- Hurricane Flossie
- Tropical Storm Gil
- Hurricane Henriette
- Hurricane Ivo
- Tropical Depression Thirteen-E
- Tropical Storm Juliette
- Tropical Storm Kiko
Storm names[change | change source]
Retirement[change | change source]
- See also: List of retired Pacific hurricane names
No names were retired in 2007.
References[change | change source]
- Blake/Mainelli/Rhome/Brown (2007-08-01). "July Monthly Tropical Weather Summary". National Hurricane Center. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2007/tws/MIATWSEP_jul.shtml?. Retrieved 2007-08-01.
- Blake & Mainelli (2007). "August Monthly Tropical Weather Summary". National Hurricane Center. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2007/tws/MIATWSEP_aug.shtml?. Retrieved 2007-09-01.