2019 Cotabato earthquakes
In October 2019, an earthquakes struck the province of Cotabato on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines, of which three earthquakes were above 6.0 in the magnitude scale with an intensity VIII.
The first was on October 16, a magnitude 6.3 Mw earthquake, with an epicenter near Tulunan. At least 7 people were killed and 215 others were injured. The second earthquake was on October 29, a magnitude 6.6 event with an epicenter near Bual, to the northeast of the 16 October event. The third earthquake was on October 31, a magnitude 6.5 with epicenter near Tulunan. It is not considered to be an aftershock of the October 29 event. 22 people died and a further 424 were injured after these two events.
References[change | change source]
- "Quake 'swarm' hits Mindanao". The Manila Times. 2019-10-31. Retrieved 2019-11-05.
- "M 6.4 – 7km ENE of Columbio, Philippines". earthquake.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- National Disaster Rick Reduction and Management Council (21 October 2019). "NDRRMC Update: Situational Report No.09 regarding Magnitude 6.3 in Tubuan North Cotabato" (PDF). Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Buildings destroyed by magnitude 6.5 quake that struck parts of Mindanao". amp.rappler.com. Retrieved 2019-10-31.
- "22 dead, almost 190K affected in Mindanao quakes | Philippine Canadian Inquirer". Retrieved 2019-11-04.