|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||210s 220s 230s – 240s – 250s 260s 270s|
|Years:||238 239 240 – 241 – 242 243 244|
Year 241 (CCXLI) was a common year starting on Friday of the Julian calendar.
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Roman Empire[change | change source]
- Winter – Emperor Gordian III reaches Antioch. He gets his army ready to fight against the Persians.
- Timesitheus becomes Praetorian Prefect
Persia[change | change source]
- Shapur I succeeds his father Ardashir I as king of Persia.
- The ancient city of Bagram (Afghanistan) is abandoned.
- Shapur I adds parts of the Kushan Empire.
Europe[change | change source]
- November 1 – The Battle of Samhain is fought in Ireland.
Births[change | change source]
- Cao Mao, emperor of the Kingdom of Wei (possible date) (d. 260)
Deaths[change | change source]
- Ardashir I, first ruler of the Sassanid dynasty
- Zhuge Jin, minister of the Chinese Kingdom of Wu, older brother of Zhuge Liang (b. 174)
- Sun Deng, eldest son of Sun Quan (b. 209)