|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||7th century BC – 6th century BC – 5th century BC|
|Decades:||600s BC 590s BC 580s BC – 570s BC – 560s BC 550s BC 540s BC|
|Years:||579 BC 578 BC 577 BC 576 BC 575 BC 574 BC 573 BC 572 BC 571 BC 570 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture|
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends[change | change source]
- 579 BC—Servius Tullius succeeds Lucius Tarquinius Priscus as the sixth King of Rome.
- 575 BC—Ishtar Gate and throne room wall, from Babylon (Iraq) is made. It is now at Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Vorderasiatisches Museum.
- 575 BC—Battle of Yanling in China, the army of the State of Jin defeats the forces of the State of Chu in ancient Henan province.
- 575 BC–550 BC—Temples and public buildings begin to be in Rome. Main temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus is built.
- 573 BC—Nemean Games founded at Nemea.
- 572 BC—Death of Zhou jian wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 571 BC-On 25 November Servius Tullius, king of Rome, celebrates a triumph for his victory over the Etruscans.
- 571 BC—Zhou ling wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 570 BC—Amasis II succeeds Apries as king of Egypt.
- c. 570 BC—François Vase, black figure decoration on a volute krater, is made by potter—Ergotimos and painter—Kleitias. It is now at Museo Archeologico Nazionale, Florence, Italy.
- 570 BC–560 BC—Berlin Kore, from a cemetery at Keratea, near Athens, is made. It is now at Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Antikensammlung.
- c. 570 BC-Death of Sappho.