Abel Pêra (November 16, 1891 - September 27, 1975) was a Brazilian actor, brother of Manuel Pêra, and uncle of Marília Pêra, a very famous Brazilian actress.
Abel Pêra discovered the art of performing in the end of his adolescence. Among his works are A Pensão da Dona Estela and Feitiço, this last one produced by Oduvaldo Vianna.
Before becoming an actor, he was a carpenter. Even after becoming an actor, he continued producing wooden pieces. His friend Chico Anysio, a very popular Brazilian comedian, won a golf stick made by him.
In 1974, he participated in a soap opera called Fogo Sobre Terra. His last work was the movie O Casamento, made in 1976.
Filmography[change | change source]
- O Casamento (1976)
- Com as Calças na Mão (1975)
- Toda Nudez Será Castigada (1973)
- O Descarte (1973)
- A Filha De Madame Bettina (1973)
- Eu Transo, Ela Transa (1972)
- Revólveres Não Cospem Flores (1972)
- As Quatro Chaves Mágicas (1971)
- O Enterro da Cafetina (1970)
- Vida e Glória de um Canalha (1970)
- A Penúltima Donzela (1969)
- O Bravo Guerreiro (1969)
- As Duas Faces da Moeda (1969)
- Enfim Sós...Com o Outro (1968)
- O Homem que Comprou o Mundo (1968
- Pintando o Sete (1960)
- O Homem do Sputnik (1959)
- De Vento em Popa (1957)
- Maior Que o Ódio (1951)
- O Falso Detetive (1951)
- O Cortiço (1945)
- Romance de um Mordedor (1944)
- Samba em Berlim (1943)
- A Sedução do Garimpo (1941)
- Entra na Farra (1941)
- Cisne Branco (1940)
- E o Circo Chegou (1940)
- Onde Estás Felicidade? (1939)
- Está Tudo Aí (1939)
- Maridinho de Luxo (1938)
- João Ninguém (1936)
- O Crime dos Banhados (1914).