From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: against.|
Against can mean:
- in an opposite direction - walking against the wind
- in front, touching, or resting - The man was standing against the tree.
- in opposition - against all odds
- in competition - The boy played chess against his father.
- touching with strong force - Ocean waves crash against the swimmer.
- as a protection from - She used an umbrella against the strong rain."
- Other meanings